Wednesday 20 August 2014

My top 5 Social Media influencers and why I 

simply follow them:


Before I can get right into it, we first need to understand what an influencer is. So basically a Social media influencer is someone who is everywhere on Social media, in which they have lots of followers, and people are always retweeting and liking their social media fan page. It is therefore very important in Public Relations to have influential people in the industry that you follow in order to understand more about them ,one day you might be handling their reputation and know what is expected in the industry.

1.Kim Kardashian West            
http://goo.gl/Z2llCQ




Kim Kardashian is a model, actress, entrepreneur, socialite and star of the reality show Keeping up with the Kardashian. I love Kim Kardashian because there is something about her that has caught everyone’s attention,and the fact that she has turned her name into a million dollar brand.You basically see her face everywhere ,and has indeed been a very smart business woman.


2. Bonang Matheba

Where does one even begin with Bonang Matheba though!!!Bonang Matheba is on Radio, Television, print, web, retail, Mc’s and the list just goes on and on. What I love about Bonang is the fact that she has chosen a good team in managing her career, and one cannot stop to admire her work ethics. She has certainly accomplished a lot at such a young age. 



3. DJ Sbu




DJ Sbu is an award winning best-selling author, speaker, social entrepreneur, and has his own record label called http://www.tsrecords.co.za/.What I admire about DJ Sbu is that he is an amazing motivational speaker, and when he speaks, people listen. He has inspired me, and make us believe we can achieve anything we want through hard-work and dedication.


4. Barry Bateman


Barry Bateman is certainly one of my favourite Journalists out there and I simply admire his work so much. He is an Eyewitness News Senior reporter (http://ewn.co.za/ ), and behind the scene at Oscar and Reeva story. The fact that you did not have to watch the Oscar Pistorius trial but simply follow his tweets on the proceedings of the Oscar Pistorius case.


5.Deborah Patta


Deborah Patta is a Foreign correspondent and an Investigate Journalist. I admire her so much and how passionate she is about what she does, and the fact that she is one not afraid to state her opinion and how she feels on certain issues.

A video of DJ Sbu emphasizing the importance of Education:





20 comments:

  1. WOW! This is very interesting and informative.I love all the influencers that you have highlighted here, however, Kim Kardashian is at the bottom of my list. I also love the DJ Sbu video, this guy is a real motivator hey, I am really inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kefilwe he is such an inspirational and a great motivational speaker indeed!!!

      Delete
  2. What a list Dineo! I like the fact that you have indeed chosen the best five social media influencers on social media especially with Dj Sbu, Barry Bateman and also The one and only queen B. Big up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I could never get enough of their tweets and how inspirational they are and most important how they have been successful in maintaining their brand.

      Delete
  3. Hey Dineo it seems like me in you we are interested in the same people but I also don't follow kim Kardashian but anyways you have a list of inspiring and motivational people one can follow in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bessey. They are so influential and has truly inspired me so much, and a wake up call that in life one should never focus on one thing at all...

      Delete
  4. I do not folow any of these people Dazzling Dee but they seem interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U should consider following them,because they are so involved and do amazing work out there...

      Delete
  5. Wow! i did not know that to be a social media influencer you always have to know what is happening around you. Pretty interesting staff, maybe i will start following those personalities as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would advice you to follow them,they will certainly keep your timeline busy on twitter..

      Delete
  6. Your influence-rs are definitely people that anyone can easily look up to. They doing great things for themselves and others out here. Beautiful post lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose I agree with you, they are certainly doing great things and it is why I follow them and keep up with them because they are that amazing..

      Delete
  7. These are great insights Ms. D. All of these individual have created such huge buzz in social media and they are an inspiration to many. I only have 1 question, how does one become an influencer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sipho,and to answer your question one becomes an influencer by being active on Social media and simply utilizing their social networks.Also by how popular they are and how many followers and re-tweets they have on social media that makes them create a buzz all the time.

      Delete
  8. This is just beautiful I enjoyed reading your blog its straight to the point I also enjoyed listening to Dj Sbus video he is such an inspirational individual I really look up to him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you he also inspires me so much, and one of my the best motivational speakers out there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know: I didn't know that, to be a social media influencer requires a lot of work furthermore your social media influencers really have played a huge role in the social media platform and they really made a huge impact in the social media world with their work and also in people's lives "good work dee".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mathi they are certainly doing so much out there, and hence I could never keep up with them and also the wonderful work that they do out there that are so inspiring..

      Delete
  11. Thank you Dee for this thrilling information , i didn't know the in's and out's of these individual continue with your interesting lessons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nomvula I am glad to have informed you on my top social media influencers and I hope you will take these chance and follow them...

      Delete